Monday, January 20, 2020

Encouragement Along the Way

I received a message from a friend saying, I am praying for you as you are without Naomi, and Matthew for the Holidays. We love you and miss you. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I was feeling sorry for myself and missing my children. My kids have been away for some time but it has hit me hard because they are growing and I am not there to have a part in that growing. "It’s not fair", I cry to the Lord. Yesterday was just not a good day. This morning I woke, read my Bible and prayed. I listened to a sermon as I was hanging up the clothes. In his sermon he said, he would obey God, whatever that meant. Then I went into the kitchen and started preparations for our Christmas Eve Pizza tonight and breakfast preparations ready for Christmas morning.  I was listening to Tricia Crabtree and her song, “Bury My Heart On The Mission Field”. She sang the part of “I’ll do whatever you want me to do, whatever the cost. I just cried. It’s easy to sing the song, but to live it, it’s not so easy. God has a plan not just for me but for my children. I will trust you. 

Prior to the above message, three individuals sent me notes of encouragement. When Mack brought in the mail, I thought, oh, some Christmas and Birthday cards. No, they were notes saying they are praying for us and wanted to send a note of encouragement.  That meant a lot to me. Especially feeling sorry for myself being here when I want to be there. They had lifted us up in prayer before I realized I was going to need it. God already knew, obviously, but those people didn't know how much I needed it. 




We had a nice Christmas and Birthday's on either side. We had a break from home school and got to take the boys swimming for Nehemiah's birthday. Nehemiah's birthday was on Thanksgiving Day, so we had cake and went swimming on Friday. We had missionary friends join in our celebrations. It was a good distraction and also to focus on our boys for their birthdays. Joseph's birthday brings in the new year on January 3rd. 








I am excited about the New Year, 2020. I am feeling encouraged and want to thank those of you who pray for us. We all need lifted up in prayer. I pray for many of you and our church families each week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...